I have always loved reading Anthony Robbins’s Books and I learnt the 10 emotions of power in one of his Books which I have decided to share with you in this blog post;
1) LOVE AND WARMTH: Consistent expression of love seems to melt almost any negative emotions. All communication is either a loving response or a cry for help. If someone comes to you in a state of anger, you consistently respond to them with love, their State will surely change and intensity will melt away.
“If you could only love enough, you could be the most powerful person in the World”. -Emmet Fox
2) APPRECIATION AND GRATITUDE: Appreciation and gratitude are two of the most spiritual emotions, actively expressing through thought and action my appreciation and love for all the gifts that life has given me, that People have given me, that experience has given me. Cultivating appreciation and gratitude is cultivating life. Live with an attitude of gratitude.
3) CURIOSITY: If you want to cure boredom, be curious. If you’re curious, nothing is a chore, cultivate curiosity and life becomes an unending study of joy.
4) EXCITEMENT AND PASSION: How do we get passion? The same way we ” get” love, warmth, appreciation, gratefulness and curiosity. You can’t be filled with passion if you’re slumping over your desk.
5) DETERMINATION: Determination means the difference between being stuck and being struck with the lightening power of commitment with determination you can accomplish anything, the difference between feeling accomplishment or feeling despondency is the cultivation of the emotional muscle of determination.
6) FLEXIBILITY: Choosing to be flexible is choosing to be happy, through out your life there will be times when there are things you will be times when there are things you will not be able to control, and your ability to be flexible in your rules, the meaning you attach to things and your actions will determine your long term success or failure, not to mention your level of personal joy.
7) CONFIDENCE: The only way you can consistently experience confidence, even in environments and situations you’ve never previously encountered, is through the power of faith and confidence is simply to practice using it. The tragedy of many People’s lives is that they avoid doing things because they’re afraid. They feel bad doing things in advance.
8) CHEERFULNESS: Cheerfulness has the power to eliminate the feelings of fear, hurt, anger, frustration, disappointment, depression, guilt and inadequacy from your life. Being cheerful means you’re incredibly intelligent because you know that if you live life in a State of pleasure, one that’s so intense that you transmit a sense of joy to those around you, you can have the impact to meet virtually any challenge that comes your way.
9) VITALITY: Handling this area is critical, how are you breathing? When people are stressed they stop breathing, sapping their vitality. Learn to breathe is the most need to make sure you rest and recharge, realize that a sense of vitality is a critical emotion to cultivate in order to handle virtually any emotions that come up in your life.
10) CONTRIBUTION: There’s no richer emotion I know of in life than the sense that who you are as a person, something you’ve said or done has added to more than just your own life. The secret to living is giving. Don’t fall into the trap, though of trying to contribute to others at your own expense. A sense of contribution makes all of life worthwhile, imagine what a better world is would be if all of us cultivate a sense of contribution.
YOU CAN ALSO CHECK: THE POWER OF BEING GIFTED