From the story of David and Goliath(1 Samuel 17) we can see that God is capable of defending his own anytime we have faith in Him. These are some of the lessons we can learn from David.
1) KEEP DOING THE LITTLE THINGS GOD HAS CALLED YOU TO DO: When you keep doing the little things so well, God will entrust you with something greater . David obeyed his Father and He was always taking care of the sheeps, also during that period He learnt how to protect the sheeps by killing the Bears and Lions that were trying to harm his Father’s Sheeps. God was training David to be a warrior.
2) IT’S NOT BY MIGHT OR POWER BUT BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD: Saul’s army were afraid of Goliath, and there was no one to stand up to him, but David filled with faith and a passion for God’s name which was being blasphemed by Goliath, slew Goliath with a stone and a sling. As Christians who have trusted Christ as the only way to heaven (John 14:6), our battle with the giants in our lives will result in victory if we cling by faith to God and His power.
YOU CAN CHECK: What I Learnt From Ruth (A Must Read)
3) YOU MUST BELIEVE IN YOURSELF: When we trust God, however, people around us will say, “Are you sure?” Family members may be the most scornful. David’s own brother contemptuously asked: “Why have you come down here? And with whom have you left those few sheep in the wilderness?” If you don’t believe in yourself it is so easy for you to doubt yourself. It’s always dangerous to underestimate yourself. When you underestimate yourself and your own capabilities, you end up achieving less. Judging how Goliath looks and appears compared to David, you’d think Goliath was the superior one .Maybe God is telling you to do something, but you are getting a lot of negative comments and negative advice, the truth is when you believe in yourself and you also believe strongly that God is able, God will surely do the impossibility in your life.
“In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.” – Nikos Kazantzakis
4) HONOR THE PROPHETS IN YOUR LIFE AND YOUR PARENTS: There are prophets God has placed in your life that you must always honor, you should obey them because they are the people God has placed in your life as a stepping stone to where you are suppopsed to be in life. David obeyed his father and went to give his brothers their meal. There are alot of youths if they would have been in David’s position would have disobeyed and they would miss their breakthrough. It is very understable if David had complained and said He was too tired, after all He carried his Father’s Sheeps to Bethlehem but He did didn’t complain. He was not lazy and He was obedient.
YOU CAN CHECK: WHY DOESNT GOD SEEM TO ANSWER MY PRAYERS
5) DAVID KNEW GOD: For the bible says they that know their God they shall do exploits. He knows that God was capable of doing anything, even if it seem immposible God would make a way. Who would have taught that just a stone can kill, it was the power of God. God is waiting for people that would stand for Him when everyone is running. Be brave for the size of the challenge, problem or obstacle is Irrelevant. Why? Because that doesn’t determine what’s possible for God. God will make a way even when it seems like there is no way. David’s faith was born out of his experience of God’s grace and mercy in his life up to that point. The Lord had delivered him out of dangerous situations in the past, proving His power and trustworthiness, and David relied on Him to deliver him from the Philistine.
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6).