We must learn to worship God in spirit and in truth for God delights in the People that will worship Him both in spirit and in truth.
“But the hour is coming and now is when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeing such to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth”
The Bible tell us that God is seeking for true worshippers, People that can worship him in spirit and in truth, you may be wondering the right way to worship God, well the verse says that we should worship God in spirit and truth, when we worship God we must put our focus on the message and the truth of Jesus Christ. In other to worship we must know the truth by spending time to study God’s word everyday. When our minds are renewed to what He says is truth, we will be able to come to Him and worship him in Spirit and in truth.
The responsibility to prepare for worship doesn’t just fall to worship team, we should all come prepared to worship God.
“Sunday worship is not a time to be entertained and expecting to be served, but it’s a time when God’s Children gather to give God the praise and to be strengthened”
To prepare for worship you must practice private worship, reading the Bible and praying. You can do that just before you go to minister that morning of when you are about to sleep in the night.
There are different ways we can worship the Lord, I am going to share the seven learnt from Kenneth Copland.
1. BARAK: To kneel, to bless God, to bow down (psalm 72:12-15)
2. HALAL: To be clear, to shine, to boast, to show, to rave, to celebrate, to be clamorously (1 chronicle 16:4)
3. SHABACH: To shout loudly, to command Psalm 47:1
4. TEHILLAH: To sing praises, singing out of the Spirit spontaneously. Psalm 22:3
5. TOWDAH: Extending Hands, acting out of thanksgiving for what has or will be done. Psalm 50:23
6. YADAH: Extending the Hands vigorously (2nd Chron 20:21)
7. ZAMAR: To touch the strings, to make music with instruments, mostly rejoicing. (Psalm 150:3-6)
The Holyspirit can help you understand the seven ways to worship God, remember that we should worship God continuously and we should worship Him in Spirit and in truth.